Parks & Recreation
Sign Up For Programs
To search and register for any of our current recreational activities, please sign in here.
If you would like to hold an event in one of beautiful community parks, please complete a Park Permit Application. If your event is of a larger scale, please see the City Clerk's page for the Special Event Application.
- Dogs or other pets are not permitted in the parks during rentals or special events.
- No alcohol is permitted in the parks.
- Parks, pavilions and playgrounds are accessible.
- Park visitors are required to remove all trash they bring into the parks. Carry in/carry out policy.
Dog Park Rules
- Park is open sunrise to sunset only.
- All dogs must be licensed and wear current license and vaccine tags.
- Dog owners/handlers assume all risks for injury or loss of any kind to themselves and their dogs.
- Dog owners/handlers are legally responsible for any damage caused by the dog.
- Dogs must be on a leash and under control at all times outside the fenced area.
- Owners/handlers must carry a leash at all times and closely supervise their dogs. At no time may the owner/handler exit the fenced area without his/her dog(s).
- Only people with dogs are permitted in the fenced area.
- Each owner/handler must be above the age of 13 and shall not supervise more than two dogs while in the park.
- Excessive barking is prohibited; dogs barking excessively must be removed.
- Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior are to be removed immediately.
- Any waste left by the dog must be picked up immediately and properly disposed of in the containers provided.
- Owners/handlers may use old grocery sacks/bags.
- Owners/custodians must fill any holes created by their dogs and report any observations of gaps or weaknesses in the boundary fencing to the Parks and Recreation Department.
- No human or dog food, including treats, are allowed in the park for any reason.
- Prohibited from entering the park are dogs with sickness, female dogs in heat, puppies under four months of age and all other domestic animals.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the park.
Parks and Recreation fees are established by Resolution 2016-12.
Dee'Jion Fullman Swim Scholarship
In honor of Dee'Jion Fullman, a 14 year old Milford resident who tragically drowned in the Mispillion River on August 16, 2010, the Parks & Rec Department awards a swim lesson scholarship each year to a deserving youth. Complete the application and return it to the Parks & Rec Department.
We have many great opportunities for families or individuals to volunteer for our many programs, festivals and special events. Contact us to find out more!