City Clerk

Public Records

The City Clerk’s Office has received numerous requests since July for public records relating to Hearthstone Manor permits, inspections, plans, etc.  In an effort to reduce the time and expense resident’s may encounter seeking these records, we have posted the records we thus far gathered here.

If additional records not found below are needed, we are more than willing to provide a quote prior to gathering the records.  As always, if you have any questions, or we can be of any assistance to you, please contact us via email, phone, or stop by City Hall.

Building 29Building 30Building 31
Building 37Building 38Building 48
Building 51Building 52 


The City Clerk is appointed by the City Council and provides a number of services including:
  • Certifying and distributing ordinances, resolutions, and codes
  • Conducting municipal elections
  • Ensuring completion of directed actions
  • Keeping a repository of contracts, agreements, and other legislative actions
  • Keeping records
  • Posting legal notices
  • Providing notification of council, committee, subcommittee, ad hoc, and other applicable meetings
  • Providing voter registration information
  • Receiving claims and lawsuits
  • As the FOIA Coordinator, responding to requests for public record information (FOIA Policy)
  • Supplying an agenda packet of supporting documentation for each council meeting
  • Supplying public information

Additional Responsibilities

The City Clerk also acts as the custodian of the city seal, affixing it to all documents, records, contracts, and agreements. The clerk attests to the same by signature and is responsible for the maintenance and compliance of the Milford City Code.

Special Events

The City of Milford is fortunate to have a number of special events throughout the year that add to the vitality and variety of our community. We welcome and encourage special events that are well-planned and help make Milford a great place to live and visit.

To that end, the City has created a special events application and permit package that is both a planning tool and an application. We encourage individuals or groups planning an event that will impact municipal services, public streets, and/or other public spaces to download the application and permit packet to learn more. Please send your completed packet to the City Clerk's office for review by the City. If after reading through the packet you still have questions or concerns, please contact the Clerk's office at 302.422.1111.  If you are unsure if your event needs a permit, submit the Pre-Application online form and we will review it and let you know.

If you are planning an annual event that has received a Special Event Permit from the City before, you may be able to complete a Special Events Permit RENEWAL Application.  
Coordination of events between DelDOT and the Clerk's office may be necessary if a DelDOT special event permit is required as well. 

 National Fire Protection Association Food Truck Safety Fact Sheet